PLUS, don’t miss this week’s Take Action Challenge and implement this week’s coaching tips.
Get tools and strategies you need to take the fear out of feedback with my new book You Have to Say the Words: An Integrity-Based Approach for Tackling Tough Conversations and Maximizing Performance. Get the paperback or digital version from Amazon, Barnes & Noble or your local book seller.
So enjoy this week’s episode of The Nimble Leader show. I appreciate you listening and I hope you tune in next week!
TAKE ACTION CHALLENGE:
To help you stay nimble, here is this week’s Take Action Challenge.
- For each type of position on your team, make a list of those skills, qualities and experience that any candidate “needs to have” and those that are “nice to have” so that you have them before you need them.
- Click here to receive my list of my Favorite Behavior Based Questions to use the next time you interview for professional level and hourly positions. They are arranged by competency area for ease of use.
- Review the list of my favorite interview questions and select several from each competency that would work well for you the next time you interview.
- Next time you need to interview candidates to fill a position, thoroughly review the resumes and on a separate piece of paper make notes about what you want to ask them in the interview. Craft your questions so that you address any issues.
- If you are not hiring in your department any time soon, volunteer to help another manager with the interview process. It is a great way to ramp up your skills quickly and your peer can get another opinion on their candidates.